Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Troubleshooting *.isf styles mapping

Participant ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I've been reading and re-reading the following discussion but I still cannot get my ISF style mapping settings to work when I import FM files.

Using FM13 and RH2015

Re: ISF Export

I've also looked at Peter Grainge's "gotcha" on his website.

The steps I take are as follows:

1. Create blank project in RH

2. Under Project Settings, Import tab, select Browse and select the *.isf file that I exported from a previous project, which contains all the style mappings between FM and RH.

3.  The CSS that I created for that project is also brought in at this point.

4. I do not click Edit under FrameMaker document, as I want to use the mappings in the *.isf file.

5. I click Apply, then OK.

6. I then select Import Framemaker file from the menu and select a single fm file.

7. In the Import dialog, I reselect the *.isf file that I selected before (though I would have expected it to be selected already as I chose it in Project Settings). I get the message "File "xx.css" already exist. Do you want to overwrite?" I click OK.

8 I click Next, then Finish.

Instead of looking like my previous project (the one from which I imported the *.isf), this project looks very similar to the FM file I have just imported.

I also notice in the Styles and Formatting pod that the Framemaker styles have been imported, appended with FM_ .

There is no sign of the styles from the CSS, nor any mapping.

Please can someone help me get the mapping to work, as I am ready for the hills 🙂

Thanks

Laura

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After step 7, try having a look at what the FM to RH mapping looks like. Also, is it paginating the FM content correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

Thanks so much for responding.

After step 7, while I'm still in the Import dialog - I click Edit under Framemaker Document.

All the FM styles are listed on the left, as expected, and on the right, in the Robohelp Style dropdown, all the CSS styles from the correct stylesheet are there. But  none are mapped at all. The Robohelp Style dropdown just says [Source].

Any idea what I can be doing wrong?

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you sure that you had edited the prior project's Conversion Settings to map them at this point? I'd do it again, import the content, see if it maps correctly & then export the .isf again and test it with a new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

I've just tried it with two completely new, clean projects and no joy. Still the same.

I will get my colleague to have a try tomorrow and have another go myself when I'm fresh!

Thanks

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm - is it paginating correctly? Is it remembering things like exclusions and list mapping and help marker settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry not sure what you mean by "paginating correctly". None of the mappings seem to have been applied, it just comes in now as one single topic. So, no pagination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set which Paragraph tags you want to use to bust up the FM content into resulting RH topics - I tell one of my projects to create topics based on Heading1 and Heading2 FM para tags & tell it to treat FM para tags for bullets and numbered lists as HTML lists in RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, yes, I had done all this before in the initial project. Set up mappings for Chapter Title, Heading 1 etc to be new topics.

Set up lists to use HTML List format - etc - none of this has come through to the new project as part of the *.isf file import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd make sure you're totally patched up and try the initial process again to create a "good" .isf file. Then test it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp