• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to create Mobile output in Rbh 2019

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to the community. My version is 2019.0.11. I'm trying to create mobile output from a WebHelp project (viewed by users on desktops/laptops) that I haven't touched in years. My employer wants to make this Help project viewable for IOS, Android, tablets, etc. I was under the impression I could choose "Mobile App" as an Output option, but it doesn't appear in the list. The closest thing to what I need appears to be HTML5. Am I missing something? What would be my best route to quickly generate output from this existing Help project that will work nicely on mobile devices? Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Mobile App output creates an Android or iOS application that users install from the relevant store. Is that what you need?

Otherwise, the Responsive and Frameless outputs hosted on a webserver can be viewed on any device using a browser, and adjust according to the device size. You can check how the output will look (mostly - there are a few differences between browsers on different devices) by viewing the output in your browser and resizing the browser window.

If you do really need the mobile app, then go to the Output > Output Presets and click the plus button to add a new preset (select Mobile App from the list).

Also, there are a few more patches for RH2019, so you should probably check the updates (Help > Updates). You can also read the release notes here: https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/fixed-issues-2019.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, thank you for responding, I greatly appreciate it.

I'll have to check on those patches. As a last resort I did create a pdf version of the Help project and sent that to the developers. It's not ideal but it does have all the Help content if the mobile user really wants to look something up. Also, I just tried to create Multiscreen Html5 and it failed to generate. Hadn't seen a generate failure before, so not sure what the problem is.

I added the Mobile App output option, but am unsure what to do about the PhoneGap username and password...awaiting a response from the developer.

I'll keep trying things. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amber is right to explain that the responsive and frameless outputs might meet your requirements. 

There are other considerations to take into account with the mobile app route.

• Where they are particularly useful is when users may need access to the information. A company I worked for provided information for carers and in some homes there would be no wifi or phone signal. That app resolved that issue.
  • On Android devices you can create an app and install it directly to a specific device without going via Play Store. More about that below. For Apple devices the app has to be downloaded from the App Store but I believe it can be made private.
  • How the app is created will change on 1st October 2020 as creation relies on PhoneGap which is scheduled to be closed on that date.

Creating an app in 2019 is quite easy. There's a topic on my site that describes the process for Classic versions and it's much the same for the New UI, at least for the next few weeks! When PhoneGap closes, 2019 will not be able to generate a mobile app any more and you will need 2020. There the process is a lot more difficult and essentially will require developer skills. See this page and I think you will get the idea. https://blog.phonegap.com/update-for-customers-using-phonegap-and-phonegap-build-cc701c77502c

Do come back with any questions. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please use that Blue button, your reply to my post is before it. That's how this forum works!

Multiscreen is not included in 2019 New UI so I'm not sure what you are generating.

Just to emphasise, if you get mobile working, you will not be able to generate again after the end of this month.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp