• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two Bookmarks at the Beginning of Every Paragraph

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing FrameMaker 2020 documents into RoboHelp 2020.

In RoboHelp, every paragraph in every file starts with two bookmarks. For example, the first paragraph of the first topic (the title) has the following two bookmarks:

496_Chapter_465649

And the next paragraph (a body paragraph) also has two bookmarks:

496_Body_465652

I can understand why the title has one bookmark (the orignal FM files has a marker for the TOC), but not two. And I don't at all understand why the body paragraph has one bookmark, let alone two. The original FM file does not have any markers in that paragraph.

The whole document is full of these. Is there an import setting I need to specify to import/create bookmarks ONLY for the markers that actually exist in the original FM files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any conditioning on those headers in FM? I noticed I get bunch brought over too when I import. But it's harmless & doesn't seem to have any impact on the resulting output (as far as I can tell).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Jeff, there's no conditional text at all in the FM document. Granted, the bookmarks are harmless; but they're messy, and they make the text difficult to read in RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It never really bothered me because I don't do any further authoring in RH - just tweak the TOC and MapdID file a little. Isn't there a show/hide indicators setting in RH?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jeff. I turned off the view setting for bookmarks.

I'm not doing any real editing in the RH files, but I can see that some things didn't come across gracefully. FM's non-breaking spaces get stripped out. Our xrefs are full of them.

Speaking of which, is there an easy way to set up all xrefs to appear in the same frame? I'm manually setting that up for each xref, but would rather set it globally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing the same with a Word document, I think this is linked to importing the TOC as well. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except that I didn't import the TOC. If I try to import the entire FM book file I get an error, so I'm importing the chapter files individually. I'm not even thinking of importing the TOC yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a suggestion.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying, Peter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is a known issue. FrameMaker is creating additional bookmarks while generating HTML. This should be fixed in FM next update. A lot of other FM import related issues should be fixed in next update of both RH and FM.

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Speaking of which, is there an easy way to set up all xrefs to appear in the same frame? I'm manually setting that up for each xref, but would rather set it globally."

- not quite sure what you're talking about here - can you show a screenshot to illustrate what's the issue?

And what sort of error message are you getting when trying to import the book file from FM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp