Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to generate Abode AIR Help: certificate error

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

for some users it is not possible to generate Adobe AIR Help anymore because of a certificate error: Password for digital certificate is invaldid. For other users everything is fine.

We are using the certificate for a time now and didn't change anything. The SSL is also the same.

Does somebody have an idea?

Thanks

Melanie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you create one of those self-signed certificates? Turns out they have an expiry baked into them – you need to create a new one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's a self-signed certificate. I thougt they expire after 5 years - we use it for 4 years now. And not all users are affected.

Generated and installed AIR Help Applications based on this certificate also work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You *are* creating AIR Help from the RoboHelp application aren't you? If you're not, then you're looking in the wrong forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I try 😉 RoboHelp V11

RH_Cert.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll have to create a new certificate - keep everything the same & your users won't see any difference when they install a new version of your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new certificate. On my PC everything is fine (as with the old certificate). One the other PCs it still doesn't work. I tried to create a new certificate on one of the PCs with that error. Trying to do this another error appears:

CertificateDecodingError.jpg

It's the same error as described here?!?: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2274303#access_token=eyJ4NXUiOiJpbXNfbmExLWtleS0xLmNlciIsImFsZyI6IlJ...

We are delivering Adobe AIR Help for 4 years now. We are thinking about changing to HTML5 - but I need a bit more time to do this ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Difficult, especially as you said earlier that the problem started on some PCs and not others.

Could admin rights be the key here? To update the logged in user must have admin rights?

Beyond that the only thing I can suggest trying on one PC is a complete uninstall and reinstall of the help. It shouldn't be necessary but it might fix it.

After that I think it will be Adobe Support. They have always said that not withstanding any further development, AIR Help is still supported.

I'll be interested to learn how this goes.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm running into this same issue. Can you please let me know if the issue was resolved, and if so, what fixed it?

Just as above, the password and certificate haven't changed. But it fails to generate and displays: "Password for digital certificate is invalid."

Thanks for your help!

Gabe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have asked in the correct forum but there are also forums for developers who use AIR. This post might be relevant but I am not sure. I am trying to find out if there is a link.

Re: Adobe AIR 25.0.0.134 ... Digital Certificate EXPIRED on 2017/05/07 !!!

It would help if you added your version of RoboHelp.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realised after posting that the AIR forum thread is about Adobe's certificate rather than the one you create. Apologies but in the absence of any other replies, I think it is time to call Support.

For what it is worth, AIR Help did not prove popular and HTML5 Help is the way forward to consider.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@gabe_adoff - according to that other thread, playing around with the country and encryption level seemed to work, but if you're not getting anywhere with it, contact Adobe Support like Peter suggests. Then let us know how you made out so that future users hitting this thread will know the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp