• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to generate output in Robohelp 2015.

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am not able to generate an output of my project. Whenever I compile my project to generate it in HTML 5 or in Web help, it opens in MS-word document instead of the selected mode.  Kindly tell me what is the remedy of it.

Regards

Prashant Bhonde

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the steps you take for compiling? How do you view the output? Does creating a CHM (HTML help) work as expected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you have your file associations in Windows messed up so that .htm files are being opened by Word instead of your browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think Jeff is spot on.

If you are unaware of how to change the file associations, open Windows Explorer. Look at the icons representing HTML files. Likely you will see Word icons.

Right-click one of them and choose the Open With option. Then choose your browser icon.

tmp1.png

Note that the option I'm showing is choosing Google Chrome. If you prefer IE or Firefox, feel free to chose one of those.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp