Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to generate Webhelp output for a project created in Robohelp 2017

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have created a project in Robohelp 2017, but i am unable to generate Webhelp, Responsive HTML 5, Flash help etc outputs.

The project gets hanged up and two files $rhvariable.htm and other with some Map file name gets created. in the project folder.

Please help.

Regards,

Richa Arora

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you generate the sample projects?

Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

If you can, then the issue is with your project, otherwise it is the installation. Have you been able to generate since RoboHelp was installed? If not, was RoboHelp

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

yes i am able to open that.

But the issue is when i am trying to generate the webhelp output a file with name __cpSwf2HTML5ZipMap gets created in the folder and the project hangs and stops.

While i am able to generate output only through Microsoft HTMl help and not for webhelp and Responsive html 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so if one of the samples can generate an output, it has to be something about your project.

I am guessing that file is a Captivate video. Whilst that could be the issue, often the file that is causing the hang is the next one that RoboHelp is trying to generate.

Was this project generating OK until you made certain changes? If it was, can you exclude them from the output by tagging those topics and excluding them with a build expression?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Richa,

I found this old post. We were having a similar problem using Responsive Layout in RoboHelp 2017. We got a Java Run time error message when we started to publish to a file folder. The problem only came up recently. I happemed to file the same file. The file was not in our backup folder before the issue started. I prepared a test and deleted the file. This seems to have solved the problem.

Cat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp