• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to generate Word output

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently unable to generate Word output for my help project. I'm using RH 2020 Ver 5. When I generate the Word output (which worked fine until recently), it processes for a few minutes, then fails with an error stating that the Word output did not generate. I've tried creating a new Word Output preset, but it fails in the same way. I have multiple print TOCs, and the error occurs no matter the TOC selected within the Output.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, thanks for responding to my question.

I don't think this is the issue. We're not seeing Microsoft errors when we generate. We're seeing a RoboHelp error:

jamesb80034346_0-1626695615008.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if it's due to that recent Windows update that messed up printer spooling - RH might be trying to create the print job using it in the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Try generating the About RoboHelp sample project. That will identify whether this is a project issue or a general issue.
  2. Assuming that works, create a new preset and a new TOC. In the TOC just add one simple topic with no links to any other topic. Does that generate?
  3. If not, create a new project with one topic. Import your CSS and apply that.

Somewhere through this we should narrow down where the issue is.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem may have been related to Microsoft problems after all. Over the weekend, our Windows environments were updated with some Microsoft patches. This morning I tried creating a new Word preset output, and I was able to generate several Word files from our help system. So, it appears to be fixed.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I heard that MS has issued a "fix for the fix" on July 17th, so that might have been the solution for you - the fact that everything was working & then suddenly, not working, lead me in the direction of an underlying Windows/Office change. But I should have suggested, as Peter did, that you narrow down the source to either your project or environment first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp