• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to get back and forward buttons to appear on Responsive HTML5 output

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 2015 Version 12.0.4.460 on Windows 7. I'm looking at the project in the RoboHelp viewer as well as Internet Explorer.

I have created a Responsive HTML output with a custom layout and style sheet. This project also has a webhelp_pro layout that we used to use.

My custom layout has back and forward buttons defined in the Functionbar (Desktop) along with the print button. They are actually the same as the charcoal grey layout as I based my layout on that. The print button is visible.My Window has Back and Forward buttons selected but behind the Back and Forward checkbox is (Skin: nameofskin). For example: Forward (Skin: Corepoint Skin 2011a). I don't believe the Responsive HTML5 uses skins but I haven't found a way to change that to use the items defined in the layout. I can't help but feel there is some conflicting information in the output somehow.

Additional note: I've also tried it with one of the shipped layouts, Azure Blue, and I do not get the back and forward buttons there either. I deleted the old WebHelp_Pro Layout and removed all the buttons from the Window definition. I am still not getting the forward and back buttons in the header.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Nita

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Hi there

Normally the Back and Forward buttons are linked to a Browse Sequence. I'm guessing you haven't defined a sequence yet.

Try clicking the Project tab and Browse Sequences.

tmp4.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Normally the Back and Forward buttons are linked to a Browse Sequence. I'm guessing you haven't defined a sequence yet.

Try clicking the Project tab and Browse Sequences.

tmp4.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Rick. That was indeed the problem. In our WebHelp_Pro layout we were able to display back and forward buttons that were based on the last topic you visited, not browse sequences, so that was where I was looking. Thanks for the prompt reply:-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp