• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to link Book to a topic

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RoboHelp 2019 version I'm trying to create a TOC book that is linked to a topic such that when I click on the book, the page that it is linked to appears on the right.In the new 2019 version, I don't see the 'Link to topic' check box.

When I right-click the book and select Link File, I get an Application Error pop-up. See images attached.

Link File.jpg

Appln Error.jpg

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click the Book. Select Properties and use the Source field.

When creating a Book, there is also an opportunity to link to a topic there.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You, Peter! That worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone confirm if this still works in the most recent update (2019.0.12)? Every time I select a topic from the Source field, the link text is not saved. The only way I can do it is specify the link manually. Even in a new blank project it does not work.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can confirm it works, although if you're changing an existing linked topic the new topic doesn't display in the dialog box until you Apply and reopen. The topic is linked correctly if you generate without checking, though, so it looks like just a refresh issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp