• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to publish a responsive HTML5 layout to the RoboHelp Server

Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2016 Sep 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using trial versions of RoboHelp 2015 and RoboHelp Server 10. We've used the previous version of RoboHelp and RoboHelp Server to publish our help for quite some time. Our software is moving to be available to be viewed on various devices so we are trying to test publishing responsive HTML 5 to the RoboHelp server.

When we attempt to publish the project we get one of two errors  "Publishing has been aborted. The FTP session was terminated." or " Failed to publish to "TEST_EM". Reason: The FTP session was terminated." We have attempted this on two different author machines and can't get past it.

Steps:

1. We set up a server with RoboHelp 10 installed.
  2. We created a test project with RoboHelp 2015 with a responsive HTML 5 layout.
  3. We might be filling in the Server Directory field wrong but the documentation does not at all mention how to publish responsive HTML 5 to the RoboHelp server, or if it does, it doesn't match the actual screens. When you select a new destination, you get the following window that we have grown to love previously, except it doesn't have a refresh button that lists the server areas and it has this new field "Server Directory".

RH_screen.png

We have poured over the documentation and cannot find what to put there. We have reviewed all the other connection protocols and they do not seem to apply.

The RoboHelp Server Help says:

Publish projects from RoboHelp (2015 release)

1) Create or edit Responsive HTML5, WebHelp Pro, or FlashHelp Pro layout.

2) Do one of the following:

• Right-click the Responsive HTML5, WebHelp Pro, or FlashHelp Pro layout in the Single

Source Layouts pod and select Properties.

• Double-click the Responsive HTML5, WebHelp Pro, or FlashHelp Pro layout in the

Single Source Layouts pod.

3) In the Options dialog box, click Next to go to the Server selection screen.

4) Click New to create a RoboHelp Server destination to publish projects. In the New Destination

dialog box, provide Descriptive Name, Server Name, User ID, and Password to connect and

authenticate to the RoboHelp Server.

5) Click the Refresh button to get the updated list of areas from the server. If you do not select an

area, the project is published at the default area.

NOTE: To publish to the default context (robohelp), enter the server name in the

http://<server-name>:<port-number> format. RoboHelp appends

/robohelp/server to it. Else, to publish to a context other than robohelp, specify a complete

URL in the format http://<server-name>:<port-number>/<contextname>/

server

6) Click OK to save the server configurations and close the New Destination dialog.

7) Click Save and Generate to generate the output.

8) Once the output is generated, click Publish to publish the project to RoboHelp Server.

NOTE: To view the project on the server, go to RoboHelp Server Web Administrator and in the Projects

tab, select the area where you have published the project.

Unfortunately, there is no Refresh button, as indicated in step 5.

Other Information:

We were able to publish the previously created WebHelp Pro project to the new server, just not the HTML5 project.

The server logs show nothing about a failed logon attempt so we feel we are not even contacting the server.

I installed update 3.

Can anyone tell us what to put in that field or explain why we are not seeing the refresh button?

Thank you,

Nita

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 06, 2016 Sep 06, 2016

I'm answering my own post in case someone else runs into this issue. I had installed Update 3 but apparently it required a reboot of the machine to become active. After having the machine shut down over the weekend, and re-opening RoboHelp this morning, the RoboHelp Server Connection Protocol option is available on the New Destination window. When selecting the RoboHelp Server option it publishes successfully. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you're not sure if it's the project or the publish part that's messed up, I'd suggest just creating the HTML5 help by itself & then FTP it up to the server manually. If you can do that ok, then you know it's the publish part & not the generate project bit. If you already have a WebHelp Pro layout publishing ok, you could try using the settings on that layout as your guide for the new HTML5 one. I'm presuming you have to do something on the RH Server to create a new location for this HTML5 help (otherwise, you'd just clobber your existing help instance).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff. We will see if we can manually FTP the project files up to the server. Unfortunately, we can't use the WebHelp Pro settings as the publishing settings in the GUIs are different. I'll reply later and let you know if we were able to FTP the files up to the server and successfully access the help there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're not that different - I suspect that the "Help Area" selection on the WebHelp Pro screen corresponds to a destination folder on the RH Server - you can probably look at the RH Server using your FTP software and see where the current help is located..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2016 Sep 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm answering my own post in case someone else runs into this issue. I had installed Update 3 but apparently it required a reboot of the machine to become active. After having the machine shut down over the weekend, and re-opening RoboHelp this morning, the RoboHelp Server Connection Protocol option is available on the New Destination window. When selecting the RoboHelp Server option it publishes successfully. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp