Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am using RoboHelp 2019.09 and generating HTML5 with a frameless output preset

I have an issue where headings in topics are displayed in a nested way, e.g:

Not all topics are affected by this.

I have troubleshooted the css, toc, browse sequence, the HTML code and narrowed it down to the frameless output as it works as expected using HTML5 output

Does anyone have ideas of how I can fix the nested topics?

Thanks

Michelle

nested headings.png

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it happening if you try another layout?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works as expected if I use the HTML5 output

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanting to check you did receive my reply to your direct email.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received your email, thank you. I am in the process of getting the project ready for you to take a look at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue.

I'm using RoboHelp 2019.09 generating a frameless output preset with the Oceanic skin. Not all topics are have the issue and the topics affected seem to randomly change.

Has there been any progress on this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We established that this is an environment issue. MDDwork sent me a test project with the issue and I generated it without changing any settings other than the output path. I generated with no nesting. She then sent me her live project and we got the same result, no nesting. I sent the output to MDDwork and she saw no nesting in that. 

MDDwork is currently working with her IT folks to apply Windows updates and suchlike.

As I replied to this post, it occurs to me there may be one RoboHelp issue that could be related. Doubtful but worth a try. Adobe issued a hotfix for different issues. It is just possible that coincidentally it is why I am not seeing the issue.

https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/hotfix-for-robohelp-update-9-2019-release.html

If you want to create a simple project with just a couple of topics for me to try, that's OK. See the Contact page on my site.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added the hotfix but the issues still exist. I worked with our Dev Team yesterday to eliminate TFS/GIT source control as the origin of the issue and we seem to have eliminated it from the equation. In addition, I updated Visual Studio and Git.

I can fix if it I remove the following code from the affected topics, so perhaps this will help in working backwards from the output to the source of the problem?

<div class="RH-LAYOUT-HEADER-container ">
<div class="RH-LAYOUT-HEADER-logo-box ">
<div class="logo-holder" id="logo-holder"></div>
<div class="topic-title-holder" id="topic-title-holder"></div>
</div>
<div class="search-placeholder-class" id="search-with-help"></div>
</div>

<div class="RH-LAYOUT-LEFTPANEL-container" id="rh-leftpanel"></div>

<div class="RH-LAYOUT-TOOLBAR-toolbar-box __web-inspector-hide-shortcut__" id="rh-toolbar"></div>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The code only appears in the output, not in the source

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I can remove the nesting if I build the frameless output preset without a skin or browse sequence, and then manually copy in the template folder and other assets to add the styles that I need. I am unable to easily remove the topic footer that is inserted automatically as part of the build process.

I believe that the issue relates to the browse sequence. I ensure that the browse sequence matches the table of contents file by creating a new browse sequence and dragging and dropping in the main toc. I then added that to the frameless output without skin and the resultant build had nesting issues.

Hope that is illuminating. Any other thoughts would be gratefully appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copying in the skin as a temporary solution might be OK but when you want to customise you will have the issue to clean up again.

I'm thinking if browse sequences were the issue, that would also occur when I generate your project.

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Neither I nor Adobe were able to replicate this issue but Adobe did identify what they believe is the cause. Please try with Update 10 applied and let us know if the issue is now fixed.

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp