• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update of linked FM files in RH 2015 deletes all topics in project

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using TCS 5 with unstructured FM  and RH in a Win7  64-bit environment and recently upgraded to TSC5 2015; currently using FM 13.02.433 and RH 12.02.284. I have source FM books linked to RH and generating MS HTML hlp, Webhelp and pdf.

I upgraded a chm project and source files from FM 12 and RH 11  to 2015 version.

Every time I open the project file, and the FM files have changed in the meantime, I try to update the book in RH, and all chapters with related topics get deleted.

I have to relink the book each time I open the project file and try to update the source files in RH.

Plus, when I try to generate the chm, I have to adjust the properties ( specify the First topic)

If I edit the FrameMaker files while the RH project is open, I can update the book in RH no problem. But once I save and close the project. Then reopen and try to synchronize (i.e. right-click the book in Project pod and click Update all or Force Update all, all topics get deleted and I have to relink the FM book.  Then I get an error message that the book is already linked and then all 300 topics are regenerated without me doing anything. and then I have to change the HTML properties through the outputs pod again if I want to compile an output.

I am getting tired of this.

I appreciate any feedback on this. I have never had such issue before in TCS 4 or the earlier version of TCS 5. I have been using the same workflow for my projects, no problem, up until now.

Veni

P.S. My colleague had the same issue the first time she opened projects upgraded to RH 2015 (Webhelp output), but am not sure she is experiencing this issue on a daily basis. When she is back in the office, I will ask her to provide more feedback.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2016 Apr 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at the other posts in this thread. It sounds similar to one somebody else has posted and I have asked Adobe to take a look.

I'm sorry I cannot help you with it.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Thank you for the quick response. I did look for other similar postings, but initially did not find them as they were not in the FrameMaker integration, but in the Robohelp forum.

I found two

https://forums.adobe.com/message/8646307?tstart=0#8646307

and

https://forums.adobe.com/message/8355109#8355109

Unfortunately deleting the cpd file did not work for me. As the previous post stated the  "process adds extra steps to the workflow: the project settings and the properties for the output file need to be reapplied."

I would be happy to share my project if anyone is willing to look at it.

I always work on the local C drive

Nevena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will see that someone at Adobe is looking into this problem. I have brought this thread to their attention.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nevena,

Please check if FM & RH 2015 are updated with the latest patch "Update 3".

If no, then please update them from Help>Updates and check if that makes any difference to the issue. But if they are already updated then please check your private message and share the required details.

Thanks and Regards

Vikas Mahajan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Vikas,

I installed the third update April 13, trying to resolve another issue with FM,  and got the "Book is not self-consistent" error message with every doc I have. So I rolled back through System Restore to an earlier version of FM and RH (FM 13.02.433 and RH 12.02.284). Until this bug is fixed, I am not installing the 3rd update. Thank you for your feedback, anyway.

there is a thread about the "book is not self-consistent issue here:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/8686050#8686050

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the information.

Please check your private message inbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp