Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update published help

Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 2015

I have a published RoboHelp 2015 merged WebHelp project. I need to update it. I'm not sure the best process for doing that. Do I update the entire project and re-post or can I just post the updated files?

2. The software calls the help using URLs. If I republish the file, how do I ensure that the existing modules keep the same URL?

3. The majority of the modules link to a main page in the software. I need to change the structure of the Master Project. How do I ensure the files still can be called with the existing URL?

Thanks,

MDawn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. Unless you add new child projects, it is usually sufficient to just generate/published children that have changed. Just run a quick test on a few things that have changed. Note though you must upload the whole project for any children that have changed, not just the changed topics. If you follow the publish process in RoboHelp, it will take care of just updating what has changed, which is more than just the topics.
  2. The URLs will only change if you change the structure. If you add new topics or move existing topics, you must let the developers know. If you are just updating topics, the URLs will not change.
  3. Within a project, if you move stuff around within RoboHelp, it will change the links. However, your developers will not know that unless you tell them so if they link to a page you are moving, you must liaise with them and get their agreement. Links across projects that are part of a merge have to be adjusted manually.

Also see the pages on my site about Merged Help and the structure.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp