Highlighted

Updated from Classic to Modern (2019) and now need a skin

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded my project from 2019 classic to the modern version, and when I try to generate the output, it says, "Skin not selected in output settings." The classic versions uses the Bomega skin, but that option isn't available after the upgrade. The only options available are Azure Blue, Charcoal Grey, and Indigo. Is there a way to get Bomega, or at least something close to it?

Edit: It's the Bomega skin, not Beautiful Vista Flash.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Updated from Classic to Modern (2019) and now need a skin

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded my project from 2019 classic to the modern version, and when I try to generate the output, it says, "Skin not selected in output settings." The classic versions uses the Bomega skin, but that option isn't available after the upgrade. The only options available are Azure Blue, Charcoal Grey, and Indigo. Is there a way to get Bomega, or at least something close to it?

Edit: It's the Bomega skin, not Beautiful Vista Flash.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not familiar with the Bomega skin but the answer to your question is that you have to select from what is offered. I'd suggest you also look at the Frameless skins as that is where things are going.

Browsers are ending support for Flash at the end of the year so you need to forget that output.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I was able to use one of the options available (I'll adjust it as I figure things out), but when generating the WebHelp preset, it processes things for a while, and then I get the error, "Responsive HTML5 Output generation failed." And there's no indication why it failed. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 12.47.47 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click on the output preset name and you should see an option to view a log file. That might offer some clues.

Also, WebHelp no longer exists, so some of your setting may have been unset. I'd double-check all the settings, as you'll have been transferred to a Responsive HTML5 by default (regardless of what the name of the preset is).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you panic after seeing that webhelp is no more, the responsive and frameless skins have a setting that stops the layout changing as the window size changes. That said, why would you not want that? 

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so, my collegue was the one who upgraded the project from classic to modern. I just didn't realize that he had updated RH to do it. I was trying to run his upgraded project with my older version of RH. So, once I upgraded, I was able to generate the output. I chose WebHelp, and didn't apply a skin or make any changes. The output looks like this in Edge, IE, and Firefox.

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 9.14.56 AM.png

I then applied a skin, but had the same results. Any thoughts on why the page is being embedded in itself?

Also, I am seeing WebHelp as an option. I'm not sure why people are saying it isn't available.

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 10.20.01 AM.png

Edit: The project was updated from Classic to Modern (not the other way around as originally miss-stated).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines