• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade to RH2020 Failed and Now the RH2017 Content is Not Available in RH2017

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using RGH2017 for a long time.  I installed RH2020 recently.  I can open my .XPJ in RH2017 but all the topics are missing.  I made a full copy of the entire project in a separate folder before I used RH2020 to protect it when I upgraded.  The topics are missing in that folder as well. When I attempt to view topics from the TOC, all the links are broken.

I tried to upgrade my RH2017 project to RH2020.  The conversion process took only 3 seconds.  The new output does not have any topics, just a few images. Nothing has been converted.   I ran the output as responsive HTML5 to see what was generated and all I got were folders.  There was no content. 

I can't even work on my project in RH2017 anymore.  And I honestly dread having to rebuild four years of content all over again. 

What did I do wrong?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't sound like anything changed since the last time they generated back in March of 2020, so a backup from that time would be sure to be intact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A late thought but did you by any chance also generate a CHM output? They can quite easily be reverse engineered into a working project.

Let us know in due course if you do get this resolved.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp