• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade X5 project to Robohelp 2017

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone recommend a resource to assist us in upgrading a Robohelp X5 Web Help project to Robohelp 2017. We understand it is recommended to go to 8 first then 2017. Are there versions of Robohelp 8 to do this? Any assistance would be most appreciated. Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The reason you have seen RoboHelp 8 recommended is that version had fundamental changes to the code that particularly affected lists. See Lists in RoboHelp on my site for information about that.

This link lets you download any version of RoboHelp back to and including RoboHelp 8. Download RoboHelp | 2017, 2015, 11, 10, 9, and 8

In theory you can upgrade to the new 2019 from any version and in most cases that will work OK and is the first thing to try. If it works OK, then you're good to go but if it does not, then the next step would be to upgrade to 2019 Classic first and then to the new 2019. In your case it's a bit different because you are going way back in versions and having to cross the RoboHelp 8 upgrade.

In your shoes, I would try going to 2019 first as there's nothing to lose, if it doesn't work, trash it and try the other approaches. You can download any version and provided you have never used it before, it will run in trial mode for 30 days. Note though that many of the older versions are not supported on Windows 10. That doesn't mean they won't work, just that there is no support if they don't. See Versions of Windows and MS Word compatible with RoboHelp for information about that.

The basics of my Lists topic should still hold good.

I would be quite interested to see how well an X5 project upgrades. If you can share the X5 version, see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct. I will run the upgrade and let you know.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp