Highlighted

Upgraded from 2017 to RoboHelp 2019 Generate Web Help missing

Participant ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I was just upgraded from RoboHelp 2017 to 2019. I obvioulsy have user guides created in the 2017 version that will have no problem being upgraded to 2019.

However, I have one set of guides that I had to generate Web Help for. I do not see this this as a type of output presets in 2019. What shall I do in order to still provide the right file format for these guides?

One other question: I am seeing information online for RoboHelp 2019 Classic. Is this a different verison of RoboHelp 2019?

Thank you,

Michele

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Amebr | Adobe Community Professional

I just tried with Internet Explorer and the site doesn't work. I don't think Internet Explorer is supported by Microsoft any more, so I would recommend Chrome or Firefox. Otherwise Microsoft Edge, which might be more acceptable to IT departments...

TOPICS
Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Upgraded from 2017 to RoboHelp 2019 Generate Web Help missing

Participant ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I was just upgraded from RoboHelp 2017 to 2019. I obvioulsy have user guides created in the 2017 version that will have no problem being upgraded to 2019.

However, I have one set of guides that I had to generate Web Help for. I do not see this this as a type of output presets in 2019. What shall I do in order to still provide the right file format for these guides?

One other question: I am seeing information online for RoboHelp 2019 Classic. Is this a different verison of RoboHelp 2019?

Thank you,

Michele

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Amebr | Adobe Community Professional

I just tried with Internet Explorer and the site doesn't work. I don't think Internet Explorer is supported by Microsoft any more, so I would recommend Chrome or Firefox. Otherwise Microsoft Edge, which might be more acceptable to IT departments...

TOPICS
Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WebHelp has just become HTML5 help with the responsiveness turned off - there's a flag in the layout for that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2020 0
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's explained in the Outputs topics in the About RoboHelp sample project. 

Please use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you. The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2020 0
Participant ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter.

What sample project are you referring to? I'd be very interested in any training materials I can get my hands on as the 2019 version is nothing like my previous version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2020 0
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why have you created another thread asking the same question? Also in that you have attached a Word document. Some people will not trust a Word document so a PDF would be better in this thread. Best of all though is putting that information in the thread as it makes it easier to help.

In Documents > My RoboHelp Projects you will find the samples. They should also be on the Starter screen. There are topics explaining the outputs. In particular the one titled RoboHelp 2019 - Outputs General explains that Responsive outputs must be used but you can turn off the way they restyle if that's what you want.

Please use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you. The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2020 0
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have looked at the sample or at https://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/rh2019/outputs/rh2019_outputs_general.htm come back here with any specific issues.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2020 0
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To explain a bit more about attachments, they have to be downloaded, saved and then opened, hence being easier to put the information in the thread. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2020 0