• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgraded Robohelp and now bullets are considered as numbers

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading from RH 2015 to RH 2019, I have display problems in all my projects; mainly related to bullets and numeration.

Example:

This is how it looks when I open the Topic (first time after the upgrade):

everything seems okay

This is how it looks when I click View Item:

Strange: bullets became numbers

This is how the Topic look after I closed the viewer, Opened a new Topic and come back to check the old one:

Topic auto saved with numbers and the bullets are no longer displayed

Is there any way to fix this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

So finally the problem is gone, I can open Robohelp2019 (classic & non-classic) without an issue.

It was because the Cache files wasn't deleted.

To delete them:

1. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

2. Then Rename SLCache (example: SLCache_old). It is recommended not to delete it, just in case.

3. Launch Robohelp as an administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you apply Update 2 before upgrading the project? If not, do so and try

again.

Let us know if that helped.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 2? How to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help > Updates

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to File > Help > Updates and did the update but the problem still there; maybe because I upgraded my projects with RH classic.

I tried to upgrade with the non classic version (by clicking the Upgrade RoboHelp Project link) but I am having a problem. The upgrade finished successfully but I can't open the project (it doesn't exist and I can't select it):

--> If I upgrade with the Classic version I have a display issue and If I upgrade with the non classic version, It says successful but I can't open the project. The problem is obviously in the upgrade. Is there a clue on what is causing this and how to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you "re-upgrade" the project again using the updated RH version? I'm unclear that you did that step again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I did. I updated the version then re-upgraded my old project (copy from backup).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd get in touch with Support in that case - tcssup@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear from what you say if you have or can upgrade from 2017 to 2019 (new)?

There is another thread with a different issue in 2019 Classic relating to bullets so I am wondering if 2017 to 2019 new will help.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except it's a RH2015 to RH2019 issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so 2015 to 2019 new. Avoiding 2019 Classic is the objective.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I generate the output, the bullets are displayed correctly even thought the topic and item viewer display numbers.

When I close the project and reopen it, I go back to point 0 where I see everything fine, however, when I use the viewer, bullets are ruined. (as described in my first comment)

It is very strange that the output is fine but what I see in RoboHelp is a mess.

I don't have RH 2017. Can I install it, upgrade my projects to 2017 then re-upgrade to 2019? is it even possible to do that while I have RH 2019 on my computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mariam_b - the scenario is RH2015 project upgrading to RH2019Classic, right? RH2015 to RH2019new wasn't working at all for you, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes indeed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going from RH 2015 to RH 2019 (classic and no classic) didn't work for me. I called support but I couldn't share my screen with them because of some firewall restrictions.

At the end we decided to install a trial version of RH 2017 do a first upgrade from RH2015 to RH2017 then re-upgrade again from RH2017 to RH2019.

The upgrade to 2017 worked like magic and all the problems I had before are gone. However, I can't open RH 2019 (classic and no classic) anymore. I think it is a licence issue. RH initialize and shut down by itself at this step:

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am assuming the machine is 64 bit on the basis you installed 2019 earlier and it does start to open. I am also assuming this is a paid licence and not a trial. Please confirm.

I would be uninstalling all versions of RoboHelp and starting again. The only other option would be to go back to Support and that is not an option if your firewall will not let you. Maybe your IT people can help on that.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I have RH 2019 licence (paid). It used to work fine but after I installed 2017 version the problem started (I can't open RH anymore). I removed both versions (2017 and 2019) restarted my PC and installed 2019 version but it still doesn't open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you are installing locally and with admin permissions etc, I really don't know what to suggest here. Something has obviously gone corrupt but what? The normal advice would be go to Adobe Support and they would log in and fix the problem. The issue here is for some reason you cannot let them log in.

I think you need to involve your IT people here as they should be able to identify the firewall issue. It might also be worth getting them to give you an additional login and installing using that. If that works, it suggests the issue is some corruption in your user profile. Don't let them trash you old one first in case that's not the issue.

Do let us know how you get on.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, I will contact the IT team. Do you think System recovery is an option in case they can't fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's your call. It might help and in theory it should. However, it can also have other effects so decide on that one with your IT people.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So finally the problem is gone, I can open Robohelp2019 (classic & non-classic) without an issue.

It was because the Cache files wasn't deleted.

To delete them:

1. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

2. Then Rename SLCache (example: SLCache_old). It is recommended not to delete it, just in case.

3. Launch Robohelp as an administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad its fixed and thanks for posting the answer. Was that from Support?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes    we succeeded to make the screen-sharing work and support was very fast to find the answer.

Screen-sharing made everything much easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp