• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading from RoboHelp Classic to 2019 New UI - skin issues

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody and warm wishes for the New Year!

I would like to upgrade an existing project from RoboHelp Classic 2019 to RoboHelp 2019 New UI, but I have bumped into some issues related to the layout.

I have been using a customized Charcoal Grey skin in RoboHelp Classic 2019 (I customized the skin outside of RoboHelp by changing layout.css and topic.slp), however when I generate the output in RoboHelp 2019 New UI, the layout looks very different (some images which I removed in Classic 2019 are displayed now, the search bar and the print button have disappeared etc.).

Is there any smoother way to manage this skin upgrade? At this moment, it seems to me that I have to partially or even completely redo the customization of the skin, but hopefully I am wrong :).

Also, where can the topic.slp file be found in RoboHelp 2019 New UI? Or at least something similar to topic.slp, which I can customize?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There might be a solution. See The Skin Editor (grainge.org) to see why things have changed. Also see the section Upgrading Customised Skins. I can't readily recall why Indigo is specifically mentioned there. Try what is suggested there and let us know.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter!

I have already used some of the tips you have listed on your website (although I used the skin editor for RoboHelp 2019, as this is the version installed on my computer). It partially helped because I was able to add layout.css in Assets and some of the customizations were kept. But many more are still missing... my guess is that most of them are related to what used to be Topic.slp file in RoboHelp Classic, but I don't know how to find or import this Topic.slp file in RoboHelp 2019 New UI.

Therefore, I am still looking for a solution to sort out the skin issue:(.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you have picked up on what I was getting at. In the topic it explains that skins have changed, they are structured differently. The problem in Classic was even if you customised using the editor, an upgrade to the skin could mean losing your customisation. Now if Adobe change the mechanics of the skin, customisation is not lost. It also means that behind the scenes customisation is not really an option.

Indigo has a workaround and I have asked Adobe if that now applies to other skins but I am expecting the answer to be no.

The new frameless skins have many more customisation options within the skin editor, take a look. I think that would be a better way to go. It does change help calls though if you are using URLs and context sensitive help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am advised the method should work for other skins. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter for clarifying and for taking your time to check this issue!

I think I will need to upgrade my version of Robohelp 2019 New UI, as it seems to be an older one and it does not have frameless skins.

What would be the workaround that would work for all the skins?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Skins panel and click the + icon. There you can add whatever skins you want.

I am not clear what you mean by "What would be the workaround that would work for all the skins?" I have pointed you to the workaround for the responsive skins but note it is not guaranteed to work. Frameless didn't exist before the new UI so will not be in a project you are upgrading. WebHelp doesn't upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just wanted to thank you again, Peter, for your input regarding the issue I had.

Maybe this will help in the future other people who will have the same issue with upgrading heavily customized skins from RoboHelp Classic to RoboHelp 2019 New UI: I was able to recreate most of the skin, by applying some new changes to layout.css and some other changes in the skin editor. Also, some other customizations were needed to be applied directly in the index.htm file (in the Classic RoboHelp, I used to apply these customizations directly in Topic.slp).

All in all, the only drawback is that I have to manually put the index.htm after each output generation, as I was not able to find the source file for doing those minor modifications that I did in index.htm.

Bottom line, it took a while to be able to recreate the skin in the RoboHelp New UI, but in the end I managed to include most of my customizations.

Regards,

Anda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it works and has been tested on different browsers OK but editing index.htm is not something that should be needed. First time I have seen anyone report doing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp