Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading from RoboHelp X3 to 2019

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have a project with the Online Help in X3. We are now planning to upgrade to 2019. Is this possible given that there is a large gap between both the versions?

Thank you 

Swati Murthy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow - that's a huge jump. Start with a backup and only play with a copy. You'll have to use RH2019 Classic first before trying to move the project to the New UI version. On a non-production machine, I would download a trial copy of RH2019 and test the conversion out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff. Will try with a copy first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jeff said, that is a huge jump.

I would be very interested to learn how well it goes. Please post back when you have completed the upgrade.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have RoboHelp installs/versions between X3 and RH2019 new, you can absolutely do it. I have projects I created in X3, and upgraded incrementally over the years as new RH versions were released (specifically, we had X5, TCS 3.5, TCS 4, RH 2015, RH 2017, RH2019 - and maybe 1 or 2 other versions in between), that have been successfully upgraded to RH2019 New.

However, that's a heavy lift, assuming you can even get access to some of the versions in between (ebay?), so I'd just make a copy of a project, pour yourself a drink, and try taking the copy straight from X3 to 2019 Classic (if that works, pour yourself another drink and try going from Classic to New). Good luck!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp