• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading to Robohelp 2015, is it free?

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a full licence to Robohelp 11 and can't seem to find out if I can upgrade to 2015 free or not

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ned

Likely depends on when you purchased 11. Or whether you are "renting" it by paying the monthly fee or not.

If you purchased 11 within a certain time period, I do think Adobe offers a free upgrade. But only they can say for certain as well as say what the time frame is for eligibility.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick is right!

Time frame for free upgrade is one month from launch i.e. one month before June 2 2015.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SurbhiM, just for clarification/confirmation. We purchased six licenses for RoboHelp v11 in July (mid July) and received a DVD. That means we are outside of the window for a free upgrade, correct? Here's a caveat, once we purchased it, I received an email with a link to log on to the Adobe Licensing Website (LWS). Once i log on, and retrieve the serial #'s, it displays both v11 and v12 (2015) licensing info.

So, does it display v12 licensing serial # (in addition to v11) because we qualified for the free upgrade?

If not, then why would v12 be listed. This is a Govt purchase.

Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gerry,

Can you please reconfirm your purchase date because RH 2015 was released in early June 2015? For any purchase after that will be for RH 2015 only.

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vivek_k, thanks for the quick reply.
Based on the emails and attachment sent to Carahsoft: 1 July. (date of delivery order). After some prompting, carahsoft acknowledged receipt of email of the delivery order on 9 July.

I received an email from adobelicensing on 7/13, welcoming me to the Adobe Licensing Web Site (LWS).

On 7/16 I received another email from adobelicensing stating in the subject line "Your Adobe licensing order has been processed".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gerry,

I am having someone from Adobe support get in touch with you to sort it out.

Thanks,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gerry,

Yes, you received both RH 11 and RH 12 licenses since you qualified for the free upgrade.

All customers who purchase the product on or after the announce/release date of a newer version for the same product qualify for a free upgrade.

Under Volume licensing, customers who place their order via a reseller further to a quotation that was delivered for a previous version, would actually get the previous version when their order gets processed. In such a scenario, since the newer version was already released, they would also qualify for the free upgrade to the newer version.

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp