Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

URL reference in TOC cannot be resolved

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BookmarkError.PNG

See image above, I don't know if anyone can help me with this. I am generating MS HTML Help. The page referred to used to be a very long one, with 10 bookmarks, all having a hyperlinks to them at the top of the page. I've broken the content down into separate pages, and the bookmarks are obsolete. In fact I've removed the old file from the project, as well as (I thought) having removed the TOC references. It's possible that these old bookmarks are linked somewhere else but I can't find them if that's the case. Can someone help me identify what file or where I find this bogus link?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Found it. Previous user error. Someone has copied sections of the TOC, at some point in the past, and stuffed them "under the carpet" so to speak, in an out of the way location. Whilst I had addressed the TOC items that were where they ought to be, the ones under the carpet were the ones generating the error.

Thank you for endeavouring to help. I shall spend the rest of the day establishing how much else of this rubbish I've just found can be deleted. Probably all of it, but you can't just get r

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The URL references are in the table of contents (TOC). Have deleted the old toc entries and added your new ones?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of RH are you using? You should be able to find and fix the errors within RH and not touch xml files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good luck! Figuring out why a previous author did something is tough unless they left good notes. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I think so. Which physical file are these links going to be in? Is it the hhc? I've done text searches for the offending GUID-like part of the error but with no success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it. Previous user error. Someone has copied sections of the TOC, at some point in the past, and stuffed them "under the carpet" so to speak, in an out of the way location. Whilst I had addressed the TOC items that were where they ought to be, the ones under the carpet were the ones generating the error.

Thank you for endeavouring to help. I shall spend the rest of the day establishing how much else of this rubbish I've just found can be deleted. Probably all of it, but you can't just get rid, can you? 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp