• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use RoboHelp Topic in Another RH Project

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For starters, thanks to all that have responded to my questions. My project is looking great in RH 2019!

I have an ongoing project where I need to import a Word document. Each topic in word is created into a topic in RH.

I manually create a RoboHelp topic that I call "Welcome!" that includes the version of the project and a link to a PDF with the imported Word content.

I'd like to not have to create this same topic in every RH project. Is there a way to save the Welcome!.htm from Project A, for example, and insert it in Project B?

I understand that I'll still need to manually link the PDF, but it would be nice if I could repurpose this topic.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can import htm files into your project, although you'll need to import for each new project and I don't believe there's any way to maintain a link so it is updated automatically. In RH2019 New, select File > Import > HTML Topic and browse to the file.

On a side note, if the exclamation mark appears in your file name, it might be best to reconsider. Characters other than a-z, A-Z, 0-9, - (dash/minus), _ (underscore), and . (dot) can cause problems, especially when linking between files. There is some debate online about whether characters other than these are a problem, but I tend to find it's safer not to use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, hey, I was reading bug reports in the Adobe bug tracker and discovered you can link files and folders in RH2019 New and have them sync.

Right-click in a blank space in the content tab and select Link > Link File or Link > Link Folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with linking is that it won't include any images and if the folder structure isn't the same, it may not be able to fine the CSS file which means no formatting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried linking to prove it doesn't work in the output? If you have and it doesn't, then report it so that it can be fixed.

Please follow this link to report bugs and request features. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link to that bug/feature in this thread and others can vote for it.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had linked a topic from one project to another and in author mode neither the image or the formatting was included.  However, if you generate the output, the formatting does get included.  Images are still not displayed. 

Bug fix reported RH-4681 Tracker https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-4681

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp