• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User defined variables show up as undefined in webhelp and CHM

Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my RoboHelp files in source control. Our admin recently made a copy of my help topics and placed them in a different folder in TFS. Now when I create webhelp or compiled MS HTML help, the user defined variables show up as being undefined in the help. When I view them in RoboHelp they look fine, as they do in the viewer. It's just when the help is built that those variables are somehow lost. Is there some required file that perhaps did not make the move in the source control? I backed up my earlier files and those work fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

I somehow fixed this myself but I'm posting the solution in case anyone else runs into this error.

I added a new variable that I named "Test". I added some new text and inserted each of my user defined variables in that text, including the new one. I saved the topic and recompiled. Now the variables display correctly. Go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I somehow fixed this myself but I'm posting the solution in case anyone else runs into this error.

I added a new variable that I named "Test". I added some new text and inserted each of my user defined variables in that text, including the new one. I saved the topic and recompiled. Now the variables display correctly. Go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp