• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User wants to export all or part of Help

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

User wants to export all or part of published Help to Word or PDF.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Generally speaking, you generate the help to PDF using the Printed Documentation layout. Then you take the PDF that was created and add it back into the help via Baggage. Then you create a link from either a topic or the Table Of Contents or a button in the skin that allows the user to open the PDF where they can print from there.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The end user wants to export published pages or topics.

Mary Jo

[Moderator Note: Personal information removed. Please delete/turn off email signatures when responding to forum posts.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I'm fully aware of that. But the thing is, help is called "on line" for a reason. That means that it's optimized for viewing on a display device and is notoriously difficult to just extract bits and pieces of information and create printed works from it.

What I offered was the most reliable way I'm aware of to accomplish that.

Perhaps someone else will pop in with something better.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only thing I can add is the user can print any single topic from their browser and that would include to PDF if a PDF program is installed.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp