• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using a certificate from PC's Certificate Store

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use RoboHelp 11 to create AIR help. My AIR file is digitally signed in RoboHelp by specifying the certificate file and entering a password. However, my company requires that I only use a certificate that is installed by the company in my PC's Certificate Store. There is no longer a file or password for me to enter into RoboHelp. Does anyone know if there is a process for doing this? Can RoboHelp (2015 release) allow this source for a certificate?

- Kent

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AIR Help has not been updated for several versions now and I do not expect to see any further development. RoboHelp 2015 is no different and there is no workaround that I know of, other than not having a signed certificate.

To be honest I would be thinking about moving away from this format.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the quick and honest answer! I suspected as much. Now I can plan a new strategy for my learning product.

- Kent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kent,

Peter is right that we have not invested in AIR format for last few releases and it is unlikely to change. I will suggest you look at Responsive HTML5 output which should satisfy most of your needs. Please reach out to us on techcomm@adobe.com for any query or unresolved issues. We can look at your issue if you are interested in continuing with AIR for the time being, do let us know.

Thanks,

Vivek

Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vivek,

Thanks for the suggestion to try Responsive HTML5 output. I just finished building my project with it and unfortunately it does not meet my needs. I want to give one file to my customers instead of a web site. That is the beauty of one file with CHM and AIR. It is easy for my customers and sales force to download and use my project offline. For me, chm is still the best output. It works perfectly on iOS devices when used with a chm reader and it does not all my HTML coding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vivek,

I accidently finished my last reply without knowing what I did. Anyway, some of my site's css, which works in IE and other browsers, was altered when I imported my project into RoboHelp. So, I really like when an authoring tool does not alter my HTML or CSS. I would really like to see a replacement CHM reader for PC and iOS or AIR with easier handling of certificates. In AIR Help, if I could import certificates that my company buys and installs on my PC's Certificate Store that would be a good solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Android and iOS you can create an app. Would that help?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I like your suggestion, but I do not have the programming skills to create an application. Not unless you know of a tool that would help me to author such an app? Otherwise, chm on iOS works very well.

- Kent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need any programming skills but there are some bits of the process where you will need some assistance from your developers. I will be writing something about this on my site but that will have to wait until I can do it properly. I will add something to this thread in a few days time but it would require an upgrade to Rh2015 to give you what you want. Would that be an option?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter. I am very open to any new solution and would not have any problem upgrading to Rh2015. I look forward to learning about your process for creating help applications as long as it is not too difficult to implement or prone to obsolescence. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kent,

Do you mean Mac when you say iOS? I was wondering because you mentioned CHM works on iOS devices, I do not know if it does.

If it is iPhone, iPad and Android devices then EPUB is an excellent option. There are EPUB viewers on PC also so it can be an option across all platforms and is a single file too. Once you clarify my question then we can discuss the options in detail.

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vivek,

My chm file works great on iPhone and iPad. But, you have to install the CHM+ Reader iOS application from the Apple store to view it on. In my topics, I use the style sheet  media selector to detect the size of the iOS device and adjust the displayed icons, etc. This chm is not meant to be viewed on a PC. If you want to view it, you can download the iOS version of my Probe Resource Center (PRC) from:

www.keysight.com/find/prc

Since this chm provides the PDFs of the products that I document, the PDFs don't look so great on an iPhone. But, the CHM+ Reader does an outstanding job.

- Kent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Mobile APP creation is simple once you get a iOS developer certificate from Apple website. Please see the webinar https://my.adobeconnect.com/p86ld0mi0p6/

Please let us know if you have any further query.

For Desktop you may create EPub/PDF/CHM/AIR output.

We will look into the enhancement request for AIR regarding "Using a certificate from PC's Certificate Store".

Thanks

Amit Jha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amit Jha,

Thanks for the information on the iOS developer certificate. I look forward to hearing from you about the possibility of changing AIR so that it supports using a certificate from the PC's certificate store.

- Kent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

We have released RoboHelp 2015 update here, Adobe - Support : RoboHelp Support Center : Service Releases‌.

This update has many enhancement and fixes including the "Create intermediate AIR Help application (without a digital signature) that can be signed later".

Please see the complete list of enhancement and fixes here https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/resolved-issues-robohelp-2015.html.

Please try and let us know if that serve your need.

Thanks

Amit Jha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also put WebHelp or HTML5 help in a single downloadable file by using an installer (like Wise or InstallShield) or even as a zip file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I thought about zip, but did not know about Wise or InstallShield. Thanks for pointing this out as when used with HTML5 help this could be just the solution for me. I'll spend today exploring these tools on the web. They sound like great options.  Thanks!

- Kent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp