• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using a glossary with master and child projects (RH2020)

Contributor ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi y'all,

I have a master project with one topic (intro) and some child projects. Each child project shares  terminology with its siblings.

If I build a glossary for each child project (such that I can link the terms to text in the topics), then the master project (which has no glossary of its own) when published has a combined glossary with terms duplicated. For example, the word "Widget" has two entries in the glossary in which the definitions are identical.

If I build a single glossary for the main project and remove the individual glossaries from the child projects, no glossary is generated, and none of the text in the topics have links to the glossary terms.

Is it possible to create a single glossary in the master project and link the terms to text in the child projects? If I could get the glossary to ignore duplicate terms, that would be OK too.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have worked with merged help for many years and I decided way back to have a single glossary without linking it to the content.

The issues you are hitting are simply the way things are. My own conclusion was that if someone did not understand a term, they would go to the glossary. Bit of a cop out? Yes, but sometimes you have to accept things, at least that was my conclusion.

If you want a more friendly user name that we can use, it can be changed in your settings.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was afraid of that. Thank you. I might create a Glossary topic at the Master project level until RoboHelp gets an upgrade to accommodate a master glossary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try submitting a feature request at https://tracker.adobe.com

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp