• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using FrameMaker import file isf in RH 2019 (->fsf)

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! We want to use existing Framemaker import settings for webhelp projects in RH 2019.
How can I import/migrate isf files (RH classic) for RH 2019?
As far as I can see, the new format is fsf?
I've only been working with RH 2019 for a short time, RH11 before that. Can anyone help me?

TOPICS
Classic , New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You using RH2019 Classic or New UI? Are you all patched up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create the new webhelp project in RH-New-UI. It is the first new project in New UI.
I had previously migrated old projects from RH11 to RH 2019 Classic. There import settings work as in RH 11. I exported FM import settings  so all colleagues work with the same formats.

For the new New UI project I want to use the import settings of an old RH11 project. I have migrated the old project to RH 2019 Classic.  and exported the import settings again as isf file.

Of course, I also migrated the old project to RH 2019 New UI. That worked, but Is it really the case that I have to assign all formats manually?

(how is it like in the RH 2020 version?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a suspicious feeling that they are both still just the same under the hood, only with a different name. If you're find the location where it's looking for the .fsf file, try renaming a copy of your .isf and see if RH will use it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a daring suggestion! 🙂
I would have liked the solution!

The fsf is an xml file. The isf file anything else. RH crashes with a friendly request to restart the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, too bad - worth a shot! Maybe your next step is to give the RH folks a buzz - see https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your support contact options.

Or, just recreate the .isf file settings from your notes (you did make notes on what you tweaked, didn't you? 😁)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@A-Bel I have been facing the same issue. Working with RH 2020 now. I am unable to import .isf file which worked in RoboHelp 2019 Classic version. Have you found any solution/alternative?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately no. I'm glad you asked. I had spoken to Adobe support some time ago.

isf and fsf files are completely independent of each other. The only workaround was to manually set the settings of an imported project and generate an fsf file from it that works for all projects.

However, since we have other issues with the migration, I have not made any progress at this point.
Let me know if you write a SCR, I will support it as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a wild guess but the import process requires you to have a specific version of Fm. The version is specified in the RoboHelp Tour on my site.

2019 FrameMaker import and linking

2020 FrameMaker import and linking

Beyond that I can't help on this one.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp