Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using White font in Topic Author area

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robohelp noob here. 

I recently started learning RH2019 with a Trial version, and for my first project, I decided to go with a Dark theme. Edited the stylesheet in the following format: Headings= Teal, Theme color= Teal, Body font color= white (so that it's visible in the dark background). However, styling the body text in White poses another problem; once the style is applied, the same shows up in the "author" area too. As the Author area is already White, the text becomes invisible.

Is there any workaround for this? Like, keep the text color dark in the stylesheet and somehow override it to White in Skin; OR just make the author area dark? Any help is appreciated.

Update: Added a dark shading to the body style. It works for now. Still not the most ideal solution, it seems.

TOPICS
New UI , Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try the work-around Peter Grainge proposed for my similar problem with invisible tables: https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp/rh-2019-new-ui-option-to-show-gridlines-of-invisible-tables-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

White text on a white background has always been a bit of a problem as you have to select the text to read it. 🙂

Why is applying colour to the body "a bit of a problem"?

Another way of working would be a white background and black text but then apply a master page in the output that is linked to a CSS that has your final colours. Against that though is that you will not be seeing what you end users see.

If you intend to produce printed documentation outputs, you will need to do that anyway for those outputs.

I amended RH'19 to the correct name as it helps people searching for answers. RoboHelp 2019 is in fact version 14.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I assume your using the Dark skin for Frameless output. If you're not using that the following won't apply; post back with the skin you selected and the output you're generating.

I couldn't see a place to set the body font colour in the skin, so I assume you set it in your topic stylesheet. I don't think you need to set the body font colour in the topic stylesheet as that seems to be handled by the skin somehow. I tested this by generating Dark Frameless with a topic from which I'd removed the stylesheet, and made sure I wasn't using a master page either. The font came out white in the output, even though it was black in the editor.

If you've set the body font colour in the topic stylesheet, go back and select the square with a diagonal red line through it. That should remove the colour setting and hopefully will be readable in the editor and white in the output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp