Variables in wrong font in Word output

New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I insert a formatted variable into a topic and then print to Word, the variable value is rendered in Times New Roman instead of the paragraph font (in my case Tahoma). It's correct in the HTML5 output though.

The variable value is defined as <em><strong>storm </strong>ACME User Guide</em>

Am I missing something or could this be a bug?

Any thoughts/workarounds would be useful. Otherwise, I may have to create yet another word VBA macro to resolve this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't said which version of RoboHelp you are using. 

• If you are using a Classic version please go to File Help > About and confirm the version shown. If it is 2019 Classic, please add "Classic" when advising the version number.
  • If you are using the New UI, the version number will  be found in Help > About. Please add "New UI" if the version number starts 14.

Please use the Blue reply button at the top to help me help you. The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH2020 (Version 2020.4.173).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just created a variable as above and generated to Word. It came through in same format as all other text.

Try in a new project with just one topic or in the About RoboHelp sample project. What do you get there?

Please use the Blue reply button at the top to help me help you. The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new project with one topic and then added a variable to the heading and to the first line of first paragraph. In both cases, the variable adopts the Times New Roman font instead of the paragraph font. (Please see attached screenshot of Word output.). This is something we've noticed in our latest Robohelp upgrade. Strange that it works on your system and not mine. Could this be controlled by some parameter/setting?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the new project? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What you sent me has two Word presets. One does not define any Word template and the other does. The one that does not generates with the correct font. The one that does define a template will not generate as I don't have that template.

If the one without a Word template generates OK for you as well, then something in the template is the issue. You will need to look at the styles in that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation