• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Want HTML Help Link to Open in New Window

Sep 01, 2009 Sep 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using TCS V1.3 with the latest patches.

Single source project from FM to RH -- output to HTML Help.

I'd like certain links in the HTML Help to open into a separate window. Is there a way to set this up from FM? Apparently, WebWorks has a setting to accomplish this task - I don't see a similar setting in RH.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2009 Sep 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In FrameMaker source files, if you are using Hypertext markers to create the links, then you can add " target=_blank to the end of the link.

So in the FrameMaker hypertext dialog box:

Command = Go to URL

Syntax = message URL http://www.google.com" target=_blank

When Robohelp imports this marker, it is correctly converted to a hyperlink that opens in a new window.

The trick is to add the quote, space after your URL, and then type target=_blank. It's a little kludgey, but it seems to work.

Hope this helps!

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A caveat to this solution, though: it will break the links in PDF output. You will need to use conditional text to create a PDF-only marker without " target=_blank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! The link for the "Go to URL" command now opens up in a new window. Thanks. FYI - does not work with FTP sites.

However, I also have other links I'd like to have open in a new window (listed in order of importance):

1. I'm using an inter-doc link with the "Specify Named Destination" and "Jump to Named Destination" hypertext commands. I've tried affixing " target=_blank to the "gotolink <destination text>" string, but no luck. Any magical way of making this work?
  2. I'd like a custom button URL to open in a new window. I've also tried affixing " target=_blank to a Custom Button URL on the Advanced Windows Properties dialog. No luck.

Does anyone have experience with these specific tasks? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

I don't believe either of these is may be possible with a simple tweak you perform in the Frame source. Then again, the extent of my Frame knowledge is totally laid out with this:

Everything I know about Frame.

Click Start > Programs > Framemaker.

The Framemaker application may open.

Something happens after that, but I can't be certain.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp