• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web site link issues in baggage files

Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me why the links in my baggage file aren’t working? Just below is the link in our website’s help:

From Help project --> Contact Us –> Key Contacts

https://cogmembers.org/uploadedFiles/Site/Admin/Uploaded_Documents/COGKeyContactList.pdf

This is the HTML code for the relative path for above link:

<a href="/uploadedFiles/Site/Admin/Uploaded_Documents/COGKeyContactList.pdf"target="_blank">Key Contacts List</a>

But an odd thing happens to the link when I import the project into a baggage file to have a .pdf document the users can download and print:

From pdf Users Guide in RH2017 Help project (baggage file):

file:////austin/department/IS/Technical_Writers/Robohelp%202017/COGMemberWeb_General/Help/uploadedFiles/Site/Admin/Uploaded_Documents/COGKeyContactList.pdf

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

file:////austin/department/IS/Technical_Writers/Robohelp%202017/COGMemberWeb_General/Help/ uploadedFiles/Site/Admin/Uploaded_Documents/COGKeyContactList.pdf

That is an address for a local file. I am not clear what is happening but this should be the process. In your project, you add the baggage file so that it is within your project folders. You then create a link to that in the normal way. When you generate, the baggage file gets added to the output and it should all work.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I assume that "I import the project into a baggage file" means you are generating a pdf file from your project. (So you are generating both a web version hosted on a web server, and a separate pdf version for your users to print.)

Baggage files aren't included in generated pdf files, so I think RH hard codes the local path as that's all it knows about at compile time.

If you want to link from a generated pdf file to the baggage file on your web server, you would have to hard code the full web address. You could use condition tags so that the relative link is generated in your web output as normal and the hard coded link is generated for your pdf version, although I'm not sure the effort is worth it in this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp