• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webhelp Autorun on Flash Drive

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a small help file that needs to be made available to users in the field without ready access to an internet connection. Is there a way to create a webhelp file on a USB flash drive which will autoplay when the driive is inserted into the computer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps this link helps?

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... or Item 10 at Snippets on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, interesting. Have you experimented with this using a flash drive? I see mentions of a CD. But I think pretty much things are made very difficult these days in efforts to prevent any sort of autorun from working because of easy malware and virus proliferation.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on the information in that article, I'm thinking your best bet would be to create a folder inside the flash drive. Then create a single HTML page that is named OpenMe.htm that simply performs a redirect to the start page of the webhelp.

That way it would be pretty simple for the end user. They pop in the flash drive and see just a folder and a file that is named OpenMe.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the replies; reading these posts, I realized that I could achieve a sufficient solution by just publishing to a .chm file. Tried initially to autorun the chm file, but this wasn't working so gave up on the idea. It's no big deal for user to simply open the usb and click on the sole file in the drive (the .chm).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp