• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp Blank Page in IE11

Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have upgraded a WebHelp project supporting a browser application from RoboHelp 9 to Robohelp 11.02.240.

The WebHelp context sensitive help displays and refreshes correctly when the browser application is opened in Firefox and Chrome.

The following error occurs when the browser application is opened in IE11:
1/ The first time a help button is selected on the application the help window displays correctly.
2/ But leave the help window open and select a help button on the application and the help window does not refresh correctly. A Blank Page is displayed. 

The browser application uses the RoboHelp_CSH.js file and the RH_ShowHelp function with the HH_HELP_CONTEXT command.

I have provided my software developers with the lastest RoboHelp_CSH.js file shipped with RoboHelp 11.02.240.

This is an old application and the help did display correctly in IE when it was developed. I dont know which IE release introduced the problem.

Is there a fix? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your RH11 all patched up? I don’t off the top of my head what the current RH11 release level is, but that’s a first start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff 11.0.2 is the latest.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter – I’m still stuck on TCS4 here at work (sighs)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly is the blank page? Do you see the skin, but not the content or is the entire page blank?

What is the URL shown in the blank page? That may give some clues as to what is going on.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

robohelp.gif

The page is entirely blank without a URL.

A smaller blank page is also displayed. It has a URL but cannot be resized to show the full path. Right click and choose Properties on the window shows the path (https://jaws.saa-cons.co.uk:8443/audit/help/whcsh_home.htm#id=4>>wnd=HelpWindow in my project).

See the above screenshot.

The web developers in my company have looked at the WebHelp output and in their opinion the User Agent Sniffing in the whver.js and RoboHelp_CSH.js files is incorrectly identifying IE11 as Netscape (version 4 or 6 - cant remember which). Whether this is the cause of the problem I have no idea.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you copy the URL, close the browser, reopen the browser and paste the URL? Does the help open correctly in that situation?

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

robohelp.gif

The help displays correctly but a second blank window with the message box "The webpage you are viewing is trying to close the tab. Do you want to close this tab? Yes No

See the above screenshot

Choose yes and the blank window closes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question occurs because RH creates a new popup and tries to close the help.

You can try to amend the CSH call to add >>newwnd=false to the help call. That may prevent the extra screen. Otherwise I would recommend not using the supplied CSH JavaScript.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Original issue happens with me also please refer the belwo link for more information.

Re: IE11 renders a blank webhelp popup window(doesn't happen on first instance but from thereon) Ver...

Help would be appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you are already getting help in another thread and from an Adobe staff member. Please pursue the problem in just one thread.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ya sure thanks, I was just trying to knew if he could solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp