• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp: Contents/Index Not Displaying

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using FrameMaker 11, RoboHelp 10, and IE 11. My RoboHelp project is linked to my FrameMaker book.

In RoboHelp, I do an update (File - Update). Everything seems to work OK, but at the end I get this error message: "An error occurred while trying to read data from C:\ ... RHFrameDocs.apj."

I go ahead and generate the primary layout (WebHelp). Everything seems to work OK. WebHelp opens in IE. Contents and Index are displayed in their panes.

IE displays the message, "Internet Explorer restricted this webpage from running scripts or ActiveX controls." I click Allow Blocked Content.

Contents disappears in its pane. There is nothing displayed. Ditto with Index.

Any ideas? Could the problem be related to this:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/6030838#6030838?tstart=0

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Keith

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thread moved to the Framemaker Integration forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you're running into the browser issues that have been noted on several threads in the WebHelp forum (like this one - ToC books not opening in Chrome ). Browsers have updated their security & RH10 needs a bunch of tweaks to its WebHelp output to work now. First make sure that you have all RH updates applied. You will probably have to apply further fixes to a number of output files to get RH10 output to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For your FM to RH issue, see Links to FM Books Severed on Upgrade to TCS5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keith, try publishing to a server rather than viewing output that exists on your machine. Does the same problem occur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to add to the previous reply, if it is just you who will be viewing the help locally, go to IE Settings, click the Advanced tab and scroll down to Security. Tick the second option (allow content etc).

If your users will see the help from a local installation, In the output dialog go to the Navigation settings and tick Add Mark of the Web.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp