• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

webhelp ducc output size

Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2014 Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tool: Robohelp 11, webhelp, using DUCC (dynamic user-centric content)

Question: DUCC generates its own output files for each Content Category you create. However, my use of DUCC is simple, only toc/indexes. Can output size be reduced?

Reason: 1) good to know. My use of DUCC may be more complex next time.  2) A software build process has many steps and players. While an added 50MB is small potatoes sizewise, it would be courteous to reduce time if not needed.

Possible method I can think of: Perhaps there's a dialog box option to redirect the DUCC tocs/indexes to the main topics instead of generating a separate set of files.

Details

My output sizes

• Non-DUCC webhelp output is 25MB
  • Adding 2 DUCC Content Categories totals 75MB

My user's Help selections

• Product Help (default, used by about half of the users, inclusive toc/index)
  • Manager Help (unique toc/index)
  • User Help (unique toc/index)

My use of DUCC is perhaps the simplest:

• Only toc/index differ
  • All have same conditional text and language
  • Search finds all topics

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Currently, there is no way of doing this in RoboHelp, other than DUCC or creating multiple outputs. (Basically the same as DUCC.) I would encourage you to file a wish with Adobe: Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

The more people to submit a wish, the more likely it is to be implemented.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, there is no way of doing this in RoboHelp, other than DUCC or creating multiple outputs. (Basically the same as DUCC.) I would encourage you to file a wish with Adobe: Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

The more people to submit a wish, the more likely it is to be implemented.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry but that's the way DUCC works. Each output is necessarily different. Your TOC may have Safety Steps for example and the categories could be different trades with different steps. It might be the same topic in the source but each output could be different because of build tags. To point one TOC topic to the same topic and dynamically apply the build tag would require actions that are just not possible in a browser.

In most cases use of DUCC is more complex and tags will provide different content and the search will find only relevant topics.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp