Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp frames in internet explorer 11 are over flowing with RoboHelp 2015

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Would anybody happen to know how to fix this problem?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Take a look at post#2 in this thread - Re: Default size of WebHelp TOC Pane

BTW - I think you're looking at the help using Edge, not IE11 - there have been issues reported with newer builds of Win10 that have thrown off Edge compatibility with RH2015 - see Re: RH 11 Webhelp on MS Edge: TOC disappears after search 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you all completely patched up? Can you give us a screenshot of what's happening? Use the forum web interface to do that..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

See below...

RH_version.gif

IE_11.GIF

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I think that's the last (#3) patch (but not having RH2015 at hand, I'm just taking a guess). So what's the problem with the help in that screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see the plus signes being chopped off in the TOC?  You do not see that in Firefox...  There is code to fix it but I don't know where to put it.  It goes something like this...

<td width="172"><strong>SBP2:</strong></td>

<td width="62"><label for="sbp2"></label>

<input name="sbp" type="text" id="sbp2" size="4" maxlength="4" style="width: 40px;"/></td>

If you grab the frame bar and resize it back and forth, it fixes itself but not everybody would know to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at post#2 in this thread - Re: Default size of WebHelp TOC Pane

BTW - I think you're looking at the help using Edge, not IE11 - there have been issues reported with newer builds of Win10 that have thrown off Edge compatibility with RH2015 - see Re: RH 11 Webhelp on MS Edge: TOC disappears after search 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Default size of WebHelp TOC Pane" is just what the doctor ordered to fix this issue.  btw, I can assure you that I am looking at IE11.

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, was getting my browser toolbar icons mixed up ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp