• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp searches involving curvy quotation mark/apostrophe.

Participant ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using RH 10.  Much of our text contains curvy quotes (ascii character set is & # 8 2 1 7 ; without the spaces).  If a user performs a string search that contains a straight single quote (ascii character set is & # 3 9 ; without the spaces) in place of the curvy single quote (e.g., "customer's assigned branch" with single quote in the search box to find "customer’s assigned branch" with curvy quote in the topic), the WebHelp search does not find the topic.

Questions: Is there a way to make the search treat the single quote and curvy quote the same (or ignore the single quote altogether)?  If not, what is the best way to go about performing a search-and-replace, keeping in mind this is likely to require multiple updates to just about every topic in the RH project?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think there is any way to change this for the search in the frontend. It's possible the javascript responsible for the search can be modified, but I wouldn't have a clue how to go about it.

However, you should be able to use Find and Replace In Files (CtrL+Shift+F) to replace curly with straight across your project.

Take a backup of your project first. (Peter Grainge recommends a zip file stored well away from your working project to prevent accidents.)

I'd copy the symbol you want to find, rather than try to type it.

Practice on a couple of topics first, just to make sure there aren't any unforeseen issues.

HTH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp