Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp skins refuse to appear or Import

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!

I'm using RoboHelp 2015 and I want to output to the Webhelp format. I want to customize a few features in the Webhelp (like displaying a logo on the right side of the navbar), so I accessed the Output Setup, created a New Skin, selected Clean_Tangerine, made a couple of changes, and saved it under a new name.

However, the new skin didn't appear in the Output Setup > Skins folder. I found the .skn file I created (in the !SkinSubFolder!) and tried to import the skin, but no dice: it still refuses to appear in the Skins folder and I cannot select it as a skin In the WebHelp Settings > Navigation panel.

What am I doing wrong? How can I customize a WebHelp skin for my project?

Note: I am NOT using Source Control (Sharepoint).
Note2: Okay... I closed the project and re-opened it. I can now select the new Webhelp skin from the WebHelp Settings > Navigation panel, but it still doesn't appear in the Skins folder, which means the only way I can edit it is via HTML.

--

JD Hickey

www.documentia.ca

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*crickets*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Create a new project and go straight to the Output Settings. Create a new skin and just edit on setting before saving it. Does that project have the same problem.

Also when you closed and reopened the project, did you also delete the CPD file in between?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp