• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webhelp Template error (RegisterResolvers)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've already googled, plus I looked into similar discussions here, but no solutions.

ENVIRONMENT

We have:

• Windows XP
  • Robohelp 7 (inside the technical Communication Suite)
  • Webhelp output
  • MS Word 2007

As others, this environment is working perfectly since years. Last Webhelp output was October, 2013.

BACKGROUND

We compiles our projects and got the error, we create a new quite empty project and we got the error.

We did the following action without luck:

• BitDefender Antivirus paused
  • Administrator proviledge got (nothing changed on this machine, just strange thing that Start, Control panel, User account is empty..)
  • .cpd removed
  • run the RoboScriptReg.exe (found somewhere) in the Program/Adobe/Programs/Robohelp HTML folder

ERROR

"Initializing compiler...

Generating Webhelp 5.50 (7.01.001)...

Template Active Script Error: Fail to initialize script.

Template Error: can not resolve macro: RegisterResolvers

Fatal Error: Cannot run macro: Register Resolvers in compilation script"

REQUEST

We have to delivers this weeks eight project in two languages, we need to solve this issue.

p.s: we are even users of MadCap Flare. Our customer does not want to upgrade to a new product and for this reason we area still woring in RH7

Thank you to all

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

SOLVED!

We connected the strange behaviour of the Start, Control panel, User account window that was empty.

We googled looking for how to solve it and we found this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919292/it

We fixed it automatically: the User Account windows appeared correctly, all the accounts had Admin proviledges and now the sample project can compile in Webhelp.

Thank you to all the people

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you create WebHelp using the sample projects?

PS – you know that the WebHelp produced from RH7 can’t be seen using IE11 or Chrome, right? It’s just too old a version to support newer browser versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

thank you for answering. We cannot create the webhelp, even with a sample project.

Every compiling in Webhelp or Webhelp Pro returs that error.

The problem is not operning the web help into a browser, the problem is compiling a webhelp.

The computer is a dedicated one, with Windows XP installed. We are not upgrading the machine to a new operating system neither to a new version of office because of the old Robohelp.

I hope this clarify our situation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this working at some point & now it’s not? If so, what’s changed? The fact that you can’t create WebHelp with the samples implies that your installation of RH is damaged. Maybe deactivating and uninstalling/reinstalling may work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, the only thing we installed was the Adobe master collection. In fact even the Robohelp deactivation does not work anymore.

I thought to uninstall RH7 without deactivating it but this can be a problem.

Maybe it will not activate.

I'm not sure that Adobe can support RH7.. while we have to finish the job this week and we are still updating topics..

Thank you Jeff if you have any other suggestion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

RoboHelp 7 you say? Where is the project located? It could be that you are trying to work on a project while it is sitting on a network resource and that's the root of your issues.

Ensure that the project files are on local media. Normally that means drive letter C or maybe D. I generally recommend creating a folder at C:\Projects and add a new folder inside there for each project.

C:\Projects\Project A

C:\Projects\Project B

C:\Projects\Project C

etc.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

nothing remote.. just in a folder, and remember, I created a new project in Document and settings\Documents\myRobohelp prioject\ , a project template one with a single topic, and it does not work.

It's not a matter of the projects installed on the computer...

Thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh if I only had a nickel for every time in the past 20 years I've seen folks claim that "it's not a matter of..." this or that.

It's a simple test that will take perhaps under two minutes to try.

Just try creating a small new project at C:\Projects and see if it works. If not, then you have proven that something else is afoot. But if it does...

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We create a "Projects" folder below C:. We create a new project and it does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is another thread on this in the RoboHelp HTML forum and that suggests it is an installation issue. I know see you are running Rh with admin rights but maybe somewhere in all this you have uninstalled and reinstalled without admin rights. See my site about installing Rh7.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, nice to hear from you! Your knowledge of RH is really deep!

Let's go to the point:

I can uninstall and reinstall RH, but I cannot deactivate it before start this procedure. Do you think Adobe will reset activation in their databases?

And, the problem is just for Webhelp. We can compile regularly in Word and  CHM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To the best of my knowledge Rh7 can still be activated but I cannot give a categoric assurance. As that would be an installation issue, albeit for an old version, you may be able to get their support for that question.

In theory if you uninstall Rh7 and reinstall on the same machine, activation is not a problem. I emphasis "in theory".

Try installing Rh7 on another XP machine if you can. It should work in Trial Mode to see if you can generate there. A virtual machine with XP would do.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“Adobe master collection”? Never heard of that. Can you restore the system to before that point? What about installing TCS on another machine & trying a copy of the project on that machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SOLVED!

We connected the strange behaviour of the Start, Control panel, User account window that was empty.

We googled looking for how to solve it and we found this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919292/it

We fixed it automatically: the User Account windows appeared correctly, all the accounts had Admin proviledges and now the sample project can compile in Webhelp.

Thank you to all the people

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp