• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp topics open in new window - how to stop this?

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently upgraded from TCS1 to TCS4. I generate WebHelp output and have had no problems before the upgrade. Previously, opening context-sensitive help topics would open in the same browser window as the general help. That is, when a user selects Help>Contents, the entire help opens in a browser window. Then, when the user is on a specific page of the application and wants to see the help for that particular page, pressing F1 would open that particular help topic in the same browser window.

Now, though, after the upgrade, whenever a user presses F1 the help first opens in a browser window. The security warning comes up, and after clicking "Allow", the help topic opens in a second browser window. The first browser window is still there, but blank.

This is new behavior, since before the upgrade it wouldn't do that. The help topic would open in the same browser window. This is what I need to happen now, but don't know where this is accomplished. I've looked for an option in RoboHelp that would let me select between opening in one window or a separate window, but haven't found that.

Is this something that needs to be added to the javascript? If so, where and how??

Or is there another option that I haven't found yet that would keep it all in one browser window?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2012 Nov 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Perhaps the following will help: http://www.wvanweelden.eu/articles/context-sensitivity-webhelp-and-flashhelp

The default API opens a new window, but WebHelp itself will open another window. By changing the way you call the help, you can control how the help should behave.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2012 Nov 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That helped a lot! I found the whcsh_home.htm file and saw that gsNewWnd was “true”, so I made it “false” and it worked great. No second pop-up window. It all opened up in the one window.

Thanks so much! ☺

<http://www.infor.com/>

Dan Cotton - Technical Writer

mobile: 214 707 9154

dan.cotton@infor.com | http://www.infor.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you--helped me out as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp