• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp translation English to Spanish

Participant ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had a request today to translate our WebHelp from English to Spanish.  I'm open to any suggestions/recommendations on how to go about this (e.g., features RoboHelp might have, resources I should read, etc.).

The customer who wants the translation also wants both the English and the Spanish versions, ideally with the option to switch between either version at any time using a hyperlink.

Ideas?  Thanks!

Tim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

High level sketch only: Most shops doing localization (I’m not one of them) outsource their RH project files to a translator service, they then do the work & send you back the translated project. You could offer both flavs of output via merged WebHelp or incorporate it into a DUCC-styled WebHelp output – the user then selects the flav they want to see up front.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure merged help will work correctly if you merge multiple languages. It will seriously upset the searching mechanism.

DUCC will work, but you can also create two separate outputs. And then add a link in the TOC to the other language. Or add a button to the skin that will redirect to the other language. It does require that you know the (relative) path between the different languages. So step 1 is to figure out where you are going to publish the different languages so that you can link from one to the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp