• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp versus Responsive HTML5 Help

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous versions, I used the WebHelp format to create online help for our web application (run through a browser). Now that we have upgraded to RoboHelp 2017, I am wondering if we should be using the Responsive HTML5 format instead. Our web application can be run on a tablet or phone, so I am wondering if the compatibility will be better using HTML5. Are there other reasons we should be using HTML5 versus WebHelp? Any input would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Indeed, anyone using RoboHelp should consider moving to Responsive HTML 5. The reason is very simple. That is the only output being "taken care of". If you have been paying any attention, the vast majority of any new development and features is centered around this output! It's as if WebHelp and any other output is basically on life support and in a suspended state of animation.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply. Yes you are right. This does seem to be where development is focused and I think we will use the new format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp