Highlighted

WebHelps generated on laptops using RoboHelp 2017

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In our project RoboHelp 2017 is being used on laptops. Whenever we generate the WebHelp, we encounter issues such as loss of formatting and few topics with 0 KB in the folder. We have to regenerate at least 3-5 times for the files to appear correctly. The issues werent there when we used desktops. Can somebody please help? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

WebHelps generated on laptops using RoboHelp 2017

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In our project RoboHelp 2017 is being used on laptops. Whenever we generate the WebHelp, we encounter issues such as loss of formatting and few topics with 0 KB in the folder. We have to regenerate at least 3-5 times for the files to appear correctly. The issues werent there when we used desktops. Can somebody please help? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is with how RoboHelp was set up when you moved to the laptops.

1. Was it installed on them with admin rights?
  2. Have you applied the updates?
  3. Is the project on your local drive?
  4. Are you generating to the same drive?

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter for your response. Here are my responses:

1. Yes, it was installed onto our laptops with admin rights.

2.I am not sure about this since the software installation team handles it. We raise the relevant software version request with them and they install it on our machines.

3 & 4. It is either saved on the default Desktop or Documents folder and generated to the same location. However, every file and folder is also automatically synced with OneDrive.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your version is easy to check, go to Help > About.

However I am thinking the One Drive is your issue. I have had problems with it in the past with RoboHelp projects and see this recent thread. https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp/my-entire-rh-2019-project-was-lost-anyway-to-recover-source-...

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a quick test, create a c:\output\ folder & generate into that (I'm pretty sure OneDrive only synchs with folders you've told it to - if that's not the case, you'll have to turn off the connection temporarily).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version currently in use is 13.0.2.334 and 13.0.0.257of RoboHelp 2017. I am afraid we have never needed to apply any of the patch updates since such issues were never faced when working on the files using desktops. 

At first, we thought the same that the issue had to do with OneDrive. I created a new help file on my laptop and generated it a couple of times. I encountered the same problems. Mind you, I wasnt connected to OneDrive while working on RoboHelp. Even Jeff's suggestion asking us to disconnect temporarily is not possible for few of the laptops as they come configured with OneDrive sync turned on at all times.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0