• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What are twisties and how to create and apply.

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are twisties and how to create and apply.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Twisties get their name from Lotus Notes. Basically, they are a graphical representation indicating whether something is expanded or collapsed.

Twisties.png

You configure them by editing the CSS that is used with your content.

Click here to see an article talking about how to configure them in RoboHelp

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only downside of using the built in Twisties is that there is no option to have a button to Show/Expand All on a page or to Hide All. If you want that option there is information on both my site and Willam's.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm not mistaken, my Toolbarscripts also work with default twisties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't say otherwise. What I was trying to convey was that RoboHelp does not include such an option.

To be clear:

You can have a button on specific pages that uses scripts that Willam rewrote and that are described on both his site and mine. Choose your own tutorial as to how they work.

OR

You can have a button on the toolbar that will work for all pages with dropdowns using the Rh twisties. Willam's script for that is referenced on my site and there is demo is from an old version of Rh but it still works.

I hope that is clearer.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp