• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened to the Skins Gallery so we can download skins? (We are on RoboHelp 10)

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use RoboHelp 10. There used to be a gallery where we could download skins, other than the canned ones that come as part of a default project. (When I say there used to be... I am meaning it was there as recently as a few months ago, if memory serves. I was onboarding a new employee and we were looking at them, but now I cannot find them.) I have tried multiple web searches and am coming up empty.

Whenever I attempt to go to there now, I just get routed to this page, which is utterly useless since RoboHelp isnt even listed:
https://creative.adobe.com/addons

Can anyone give me a link to the Skins Gallery?
Was it disabled for everyone who hasnt moved to version 2015?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Rick’s got them on his site - http://www.robowizard.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick’s got them on his site - http://www.robowizard.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Let me go check that out.

I am curious though... why arent these on the Adobe site anymore? It seems like these should be hosted here? (There was a really nice one I saw a few months ago and I am hoping I can find it again. I should have downloaded it then, but I never dreamed Adobe would just drop support of them.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea – you can also get some designs from Willam’s new helpessentials.com site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

In response to the question why Adobe dropped them from the site, like Jeff said, we really have no idea. However, it's worth noting that in the Adobe universe, RoboHelp is similar to being a single Hawaiian island on a world stage. While I'm very pleased that Adobe continues to develop and support RoboHelp, it is likely barely a faint momentary blip on the Adobe radar and pales horribly in comparison to the products such as Creative Cloud. So it ends up being mostly ignored by the main decision makers at Adobe.

But this is my own personal take on it.

I do agree with others that RoboHelp deserves having a place on their site for things like this.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and I'd certainly be interested in hearing what might be done to make the experience of locating a skin easier for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, considering how expensive this software is (and what Adobe paid for it when they bought it), it seems like we should be more than a blip. I've used RoboHelp since the mid 90's and I'm getting a little frustrated. (Right now Im having issues where RoboHelp just locks up when Im in HTML mode. There is no discernible pattern... it almost seems random.

As far as the skins, the site above helped a lot, but I think that is a small subset of the gallery that was once available. (Maybe I am wrong, but I seem to remember there used to be more.  I picked something that is close enough to the look and feel

that we need, now I just need to make some tweaks to it. The HTML editor keeps freaking locking up on me so I have to use Task Manager to kill the app and re-start it.

This is what I've got so far though. Do you know of other sites with other skins?

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which site? Rick’s or Willam’s? Rick would have the most number as he had squirreled them away & only found them after it was noticed that the Adobe gallery was gone. Willam’s are a mix of free ones he’s created and paid ones he’s developed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got them the link you posted. RoboWizard (Rick). Im not sure who Will is... do you have a link?

Thanks again for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willam van Weelden - www.wvanweelden.eu<http://www.wvanweelden.eu> & his new site - www.helpessentials.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, the skins I offer up should be an exact match to what the gallery once had. It hadn't been updated in a long while and I grabbed each and every one of them.

There are 87 skins for WebHelp and 26 for FlashHelp.

I'd hardly consider that to be a "small subset". LOL

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow.. 87? Lol I looked at every one of them. Didnt realize it was so many!

I'm really glad I posted up, and that you grabbed those. Trying to find them on the Adobe site was a chore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, I did see HelpEssentials while I was out googling, but I only saw one free skin there. Maybe I didnt look in the right section.

I was here: http://www.helpessentials.com/downloads/category/robohelp/skins/webhelp-skins/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp