• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the best image size that fits when converting RoboHelp to PDF? a

Participant ,
Aug 30, 2016 Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I created PDF from RH topic, images are larger than the page border. So, what's the best size in RH for PDF output, or RH isn't the best choice for single-sourcing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Essentially you need to keep the maximum width to the width of your paper within the margin settings. About 7inches should do it.

RoboHelp is fine for single sourcing. The issue there is the same as with any authoring tool, you have to work within the limitations of the various outputs you use.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I found out that it has to do more than image size, what about the page numbers, header & footer. I can see that there is no place for defining settings for PDF output. Are there any guidelines for using RH to generate PDF output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this topic in the help about adding headers and footers. Browse through the rest of the section for more information about printed outputs (including Word), although I find it usually helps to have a test project to try out what they say - I think it's quite hard to visualise until you actually play with it.

Adobe RoboHelp (2015 release)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I have just found "Printed Documentation"output, but when I tried it, I have encountered an error8-31-2016 10-23-31 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have only just found the Printed Documentation Output, what were you doing before? Maybe the PDF review which works in a very different way?

As to the error, that doesn't help as it is referencing a compilation message that will have displayed in the Output View Pod. Generate again and note what the message tells you.

If you need to come back here, please advise the versions of RoboHelp and Word.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 2015. Yes, I thought it can be done directly through Review PDF. As for the error, It just says "Internal error encountered. Failed to update Printed Documentation"

I finally contacted Adobe support & they said that RoboHelp doesn't generate PDF for Office 64 bit. Actually, this is frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes it is frustrating but to be fair to Adobe, Microsoft on their site state that for best compatibility with all third party software, the 32 bit version of Word should be used.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp