• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the purpose of these text files generated in the !SSL! folder?

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I generate a new HTML5 Responsive help build the application creates these log/text files. The developer who integrates the help asked me what their purpose is. They list all of the components/assets in the build. Is there a way prevent their generation. It isn't a big deal, they are just annoying and I wonder if they are serving a purpose.

Let me know if this question belongs in a different section of the forum.

Screen Shot 3.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The usual response to the question of removing files from the output is that it only matters if you want the help to work.

Do you see similarly named files when you generate the sample projects using the same layout as in your project? If you do, then they have some purpose but I cannot tell you what it is.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter. Agree, I have low interest in removing files to see if anything breaks . Good suggestion to generate the sample projects, they also create similar text/loggish files though they are more streamlined than the textfiles my project is creating. They only concerned me because they generated to the developer's machine when he integrated them into the application, but as Rick suggests, this appears be a remnant from publishing the environment. So, I'm good with sharing this info with the developer and letting them live.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Indeed I saw this post the other day and started a reply but never finished it. The files appear to be part of what is produced regardless of the project.

The ProjectName.log file seems to imply that it would be used in some way for possibly publishing, as it begins with:

|SourceProjectName:ProjectName.hpr

|DestinationProjectName:index.htm

Then lists all the different files that constitute the project output file set.

The ProjectName_ex.log file seems to mostly list JavaScript files that are somehow used.

At first blush, I figured perhaps the ProjectName.log file was maybe used in the event publishing was configured. But I tested that and it seems the file remains untouched after a couple of publish cycles to test.

Only Adobe can say for certain why the files exist and what their true purpose is. The rest is speculation.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for digging into this, this is helpful. I am going to keep an eye on them, they are sort of large and for example, list elements that don't seem vital like UI/skin elements, or rather they are vital but, wouldn't at first seem to be assets relevant to a log file but, for a help environment they make more sense.This is great info to share with the developer--we work with a product where mastery of logfiles is critical to performance but this is not so true of the help environment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp