• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What Output should be used to avoid having to allow active content to run on My Computer?

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are software a software provider that is using the map ID's (for F1 help functionality) in RoboHelp 2015.

I am trying to figure out what is going to be the best Layout to use , to avoid having each user check the security option "Allow active content to run in files on My Computer."

Our software is a client/server distribution model, and the techs feel they are leaving the machines Vulnerable by checking this option.

Does anyone know the best output to solve this ? Or a Way to get around it?

Thank you,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

The answer is usually pretty simple. If your application is installed on the end user's computer, CHM is often the best option. If your application is web based where users access it from a server, you likely want WebHelp or Resposive HTML 5.

As for that message about ActiveX, users only see that if you generate WebHelp, then install it on the end user's PC. If you generated WebHelp and users accessed it from a Web Server, they shouldn't be seeing this message.

Sometimes help authors see this message about ActiveX when testing locally and just assume that end users will also see the message when they access the help from a web server.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp