• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When a User Opens WebHelp, Are Cookies Saved to Their PC? How Do I Find Them?

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In order to ensure that we are complying with the Global Data Privacy regulation, we need to know if the WebHelp projects we have customers access are saving any cookies to their PC. If so, we need to determine the domain name, type of cookies, source, purpose, expiry and information on how to block them. Can anyone provide info on if/when/how WebHelp saved cookies to a customer's PC and how I may find the above information about them if so?

Thanks so much...

Julie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never heard of basic WebHelp leaving cookies, but companies may have customized their output to include something. A quick test would be to disable cookies on your browser & the access the site’s WebHelp and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've never known WebHelp to set a cookie either.

Eons ago I worked in a call center and the whole "cookie" conundrum emerged where folks were running around like chickens with their heads cut off screaming the world as they knew it was ending because of all these cookies. Privacy was out the window and gaaaaahh!

While I'm no expert on them, it's my own understanding that even if a web page sets a cookie, ONLY the web page that set it can actually access the cookie information. Then again, with all the creativity of hackers these days, who knows for sure what they can access?

Back in the days when I was a corporate drone, I used cookies to store things like USER ID and suchlike as a courtesy to my users. It always seemed silly to me that they should be forced to type repetitive things like their name and department into the forms I used. So once they did it one time, the next time they used the form it fetched the cookie information and populated those redundant fields. But that was something special I had to do. RoboHelp didn't do it for me.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp